55 years of
Liverpool Irish Centre
The Home of Liverpool's Irish Community
9 Ways You Can Support Us This Christmas
2020 has been a difficult year for everyone, and at Liverpool Irish Centre we have seen a big drop in activities and many of our events have had to be cancelled. Like many businesses, our funds have suffered, particularly from the loss of revenue from our bar.
We know we have a massive amount of support from our members and our community. We are eternally grateful for this, and we hope you don't mind us sharing these ideas and thoughts on how you could help us over the Christmas period - and beyond!
1. Become a member. All details are on the membership tab of this website.
Memberships have raised over £4000 for us this year so far. www.liverpoolirishcentre.org/memberships
2. If you shop on Amazon, could you please upgrade your app to the Amazon Smile app. Nominate the Liverpool Irish Centre as your chosen charity and a percentage of all your purchases will go to support The Centre. https://smile.amazon.co.uk/ch/1089059-0
3. Our shop is open every day of the week. You can call our landline and order ahead of time or just pop down and get hold of all of your favourite Irish produce. Some seasonal and Christmas stock is currently on sale. Opening times are listed on the website and our social media pages. Opening times can vary.
4. Spread the word about us to your family and friends, tell them all about what we do and how they can support us.
5. Vouchers and hampers are on sale to buy as gifts. Vouchers can be used against future events or against bar and shop purchases. Call down to our shop to check them out.
6. Buy tickets for our upcoming Christmas Raffle, which are on sale now. You’ve got to be in it to win it! Some cracking prizes going here.
7. Attend our December events. Full details are on our website, new events are being added over the coming weeks. Highlights include: the GAA finals, but you can also come and make a Christmas wreath or sing a Christmas carol. Numbers will be limited due to Coronavirus regulations. Each event will have its own rules in place.
9. Last but not least, we now have a food bank drop off point, which for the last few weeks has been full to the brim. We are delighted with our communities response and thank you for you generosity. You’ll find the drop off point at The Centre.
Thank you for taking the time to read this and we hope you can support us - if you are able.
We wish you all a lovely Christmas and a happy new year!
Liverpool Irish Centre
Registered Charity Number: 1189855